Everyone is crazy about today's date-- November 11, 2011 or 11/11/11. To inflame their fire, here are eleven quotes, taken from a novel by Paulo Coelho, "Eleven Minutes".
1. At every moment of our lives we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss.
2. ...but something always went wrong, and the relationship would end precisely at the moment when she was sure that this was the person with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life. After a long time, she came to the conclusion that men brought only pain, frustration, suffering and a sense of time dragging.
3. There was one thing her mother said that she never forgot: 'Beauty, my dear, doesn't last.'
4. Sometimes you get no second chance and that it's best to accept the gifts the world offers you.
5. If I must be faithful to someone or something, then I have, first of all, to be faithful to myself.
6. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally come to realize that nothing really belongs to them.
7. It is not time that changes man, nor knowledge; the only thing that can change someone's mind is love.
8. Humans can withstand a week without water, two weeks without food, many years of homelessness, but not loneliness. It is the worst of all tortures, the worst of all sufferings.
9. All my life, I thought of love as some kind of voluntary enslavement... Freedom only exist when love is present. The person who gives him or herself wholly, the person who feels freest, is the person who loves the most.
10. Really important meetings are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other.
11. What is real always finds a way of revealing itself.